Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Buzz Lightyear!




oh yes - it's Buzz! We introduced Ryan to Toy Story while on vacation, and he was immediately engrossed in the story and all the toys. Or as he says "T-O-Y -- toy!" I think the coolest part of this is he has finally started finding humor in movies - he laughs when "Potato Head" puts his face on wrong, he loves when Woody says "oooohhh yeah" to Bo-Peep, and he thinks Buzz and Woody are just too cool.
Therefore, Ryan will be Buzz for Halloween.
When asked what Buzz says, Ryan will always start with "To infinity and beyond" but it is amazing to us what he picks up from this show. For example - Ryan will tell us that Woody says "you can't can't can't fly" (with finger shaking) then Buzz will say "Can fly" and sometimes adds the "with my eyes closed" part.
What really made me realize we are in for it with this kiddo was the following story...
Ryan had just woke up from his nap and was in my bedroom sans shoes - not his favorite way to be. So he went and got his shoes and wanted me to put them on for him. I told him he knew how to put his shoes on, to which he replied "I can't". Well of course I said, "yes you can, Ryan"
He retorts with "NOT TODAY, Mommy" in a large voice.
Of course I busted up laughing, but I asked where he got that from - "Buzz says it mommy". Sure enough - at the end of the movie, Buzz yells "Not today" just before the rocket explodes.






3 comments:

Aimee said...

What a cute costume!

S said...

adorable! I love that costume!

Taneal said...

Ryan makes a wonderful Buzz! Such a cutie.